Re: Wireless - Simon 3 or Visonic Powermax Plus

Robert L. Bass wrote:

> When I worked in Connecticut I preferred to install the master control panel
> in the basement.  In Florida there are almost no basements so people often
> install the panel in a laundry or utility room.  Some techs put them in the
> garage but that's not a good idea -- too easy to defeat.

??? -- Don't FBI statistics show that MOST residential burglary/robbery
suspects enter through the front door? The second favorite entry was, if
  I'm not mistaken, the back sliding glass door.

Now, if this is true, how does the panel being located in the garage
make it "too easy to defeat" in comparison to the laundry room/pantry?
It seems that the laundry room/pantry is just as accessible.

This "too easy to defeat" paranoia is coming from people who think about
alarm installation too much without actually doing it.

;a)