Re: Problems with SBC ADSL services

Yeah, life has a funny way of doing that to you sometimes. But you just
gotta go where the road leads you, and sometimes that's right back to where
you came from. I wonder if you and I have passed each other at some time or
other; you in your 18 wheeler, and me zipping by on my motorcycle on some
lonely stretch of western Interstate....:))

Little has changed here in ASA since you left. Back when you were here
before, I was just a beginning player in the alarm business (still am
actually after 10 years), but business has muchroomed so quickly to the
point where my son is now running things, and I just do the fun stuff, like
sales calls, "smoozing" with clients, and cashing all the cheques...:))
Truth is I love this business, but I love doing less for a living even more
as time goes on, and I'm starting to drift away much more quickly than I
thought. I have other "irons in the fire" so to speak that offer a lot more
challenge, and I want to try lots of new things in the few years left to me
(61 in two weeks...)

I still hang around here, but the atmosphere can be quite poisonous at
times. Funny how it only takes a bad apple or two to spoil the whole barrel.
Strangly enough, I don't see the same thing in another newsgroup I spend
lots of time in; most people there act like adults. Too bad.. at times this
newsgroup can be great, but other times....well same as before....you know.

Anyway, I look forward to your forthcoming posts, and do know that you've
been missed. Both you and Irv were voices of sanity back then.....

Very best regards,

RHC
www.flickr.com/photos/tourman