Re: Problems with SBC ADSL services

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:UaOdnau7l6uajkLfRVn-tw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Welcome back Thomas ! It's been a few years since you've been on the
> newsgroup; I thought you'd dropped off the edge of the earth....
>
> RHC

I went to work for SBC as a network center technician but got really tired
of an inside cubicle job after 3 years.  So being 40, I figured I finally
had a breakpoint to persue only one of my two boyhood fantasies.

Well, as it tuns out, and since I didn't see much of a shot at 'making out
with the Charlie's Angels', I did the next best thing and learned me on how
to drive a big rig.  (You know, "breaker 1-9 , this here's Rubber Duck", and
dont forget eleven long haired Friends of Jesus In a Chartreuse microbus.)
I figured if I can fly a plane, I can learn me how to drive a truck.
(Surprisingly, if you hussle and don't become a company driver, you can make
$60k and write off most expenses.)

I did the truck driving thing for about a year and a half.  I saw places I
never would have ever seen in all 48 states and then some.  If I were 20
years youger, I might try it as a career and invest the money for
retirement.  I would not recommend it for folks over 45 or so...  As a
vacation for me, it was great!

Now I am back in the industry I have known since 1984.  Like an old pair of
good jeans, it just suits me.  Thanks for the 'welcome' although when I
dropped off the edge of the earth, somehow I knew I would always be allowed
back at A.S.A.  It's quite a motley crew here.  Stay tuned for the shocker
which is to be continued in R.L.B.'s reply from me.

Respectfully,
thomas