Re: Ots 2:00 AM and the alarm is going off.

Bob La Londe said:

>You can hear the siren going in the background.  They have no code for the
>alarm system.
>They are not wiling to pay for a service call to come out to the site to
>and help them out.
>
>What do you do?

I think the question to ask is, what would ADT do in a case like this? :-)

"Hello, ADT"

"Your alarm's going off and I want you to come turn it off."

(checking the computer) "I'm sorry, ma'am, we can't find a record of your
system."

"You installed it about nine years ago for the people who built this house.
Now come turn it off!"

"Well, maybe that was one of our authorized dealers.  Have you checkd the
fine print in your contract for the name of the installing company?"

"Contract?  We don't have any contract.  Just come turn it off, or I'll rip
your alarm off the wall!"

"I'm sorry, but we can't service your alarm unless you have a contract with
us.  I can schedule an appointment with a sales representative for next
Thursday.  Would morning or afternoon be better for you?"

"A sales representative?  What do I need a sales representative for?"

"Your sales representative will set up your ADT account and give you your
account number.  Once you have your account number, you can call us back
and schedule a service call."

"But I need service right now!"

"I'm sorry, but these procedures are for your own protection."

"I swear I'll never do business with ADT again!"

"You're not doing business with us now.  Thank you for calling ADT!"