Re: WaterFlow Recommendations? LONG SPECIFIC ANSWER. RECOMMEND YOU READ IT ALL.

Don,

Welcome to New York City Fire Codes. You have to let the group know all
the information! New York City Fire Codes are completely different from
most of the rest of the country. UL don't matter. FM don't matter. You
are probably going to come under Local Law 16 for Sprinklers in NYC and
the AHJ will amaze you as to their requirements. I have been in the
alarm business for going on 33 years and even I don't want to get
involved in Local Law 16.

You will probably have to contract with a COMPANY who is MEA Approved
for Fire Alarm monitoring and all the various licensing requirements of
a PFA company. A different world to non NYC approved companies.

I can personally recommend three companies that I use for fire alarm
work in New York City. NEW YORK CITY FIRE ALARM COMPANY (Rick Bisnoff)
718-352-2800 (NYCA1@xxxxxxxxxxx) or STATEWIDE FIRE ALARM COMPANY
(Kenneth Gould) 718-494-6798 (KGOULD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or AMERICAN
SECURITY SYSTEMS (Steve Wasserman) 718-784-2880 (SWASS@xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Each of them are fully qualified to assist you in complying with the
applicable NYC codes. You will need to provide certified architectural
plans as well as type of structure, etc.

Tell each I referred you from the group. They do get many fishermen who
quite shocked as to the requirements that you are facing. This way they
will be able to give you the time you will need to explain your problems.

NYC Fire codes are now the BIG leagues. Don't be mislead. It can prove
to be VERY expensive if you do it wrong. You could install an entire
system wrong and have it rejected at the end and have to start from
scratch. The AHJ can shut you down and refuse your Certificate of
Occupancy for the premises and actually have the premises evacuated.
They have the power and don't compromise. The codes are VERY specific.

Patrick Burke
ALARM LEASE AND SERVICE COMPANY