Re: why ground an alarm panel.

"mikey"  wrote in message
> You're not forgetting that the panel has less than 20vac in there, are
> you?
> Safety hardly seems an issue... I short one of those wall warts if I give
> it
> a sideways glance.

Well for "personal safety" issues, whoever might be touching the alarm panel
or associated wiring and devices (you, I, burglar), it is possible for a
transformer to malfunction and send through house current, or perhaps an
associated wire to come in contact with house current, or phone line to come
in contact with high voltage.

And an air conditioning system can malfunction sending house current through
all the metal vents and an alarm wire might be shorting to same.

All rare, but possible...