Re: why ground an alarm panel.

Thanks for the responses.  I hope it doesn't sound like I'm beating a
dead horse, I'm just curious.
So it looks like we have two NO, two YES, and one YES/NO.
So, if you are a YES and you come upon a panel that is not grounded, do
you add it?
If you are a NO and you come upon a panel that IS grounded, do you
disconnect it?
If so, why and if not, why not?

Regarding human safety and grounding the cans.
The Ademco and Moose cans I am familiar with do not seem to have a good
grounding location.  Sure, I could tap in a sheet metal screw and that
would cover it but it seems like if they didn't put it there in the
first place and they don't mention it in the instructions, then it
wasn't intended.  The screw on the board, however, they do mention.
You mention that DSC panels do provide hardware to ground the panel.
I'm curious, do they have a good connection between the can and lid as
well?  If it's a human safety issue I would assume that they have a
good non-painted contact between the two.

Thanks all, have a great day!