Re: Long distance carriers going with VoIP

The point was that VoIP is a coming technology that we as an industry damned
well better be prepared to meet head on in some fashion, or it's going to
steamroller right over us !

As a matter of fact, I haven't lost track of the six systems so far that
I've lost to VoIP. One came back after paying Bell over $100 to reinstall
his line. The others simply went "local" (without my decals....). Other
potential clients that have called, I turn away with an explanation.....

One thing you can say about a Bell phone - it's far more likely to work and
keep on working during times of real emergency. Plus it always sounds good
!! And for $5 monthly, I added 1000 minutes of long distance to my analog
service. Frankly, I have yet to see any real reason to get rid of
conventional phone service, but...hey....it's the consumer who makes the
final decision, and who will determine how far this trend goes and how soon
!!!  Clients who do have VoIP (in addition to their POTS line) say that in
instances where they call a lot to places like India, Pakistan and far away
countries, they save big time on LD. I can see that.....

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html