clear trouble 4 without losing programming ?

I have a system giving a trouble 4.  (I neglected to erase
pre-programmed communication numbers before I was testing the system).
I would like to clear this trouble, but from what I have read you need
to clear the whole system (power down and kill the batt).  I really
don't want to lose all of the programming.  Is there a way to get rid
of the trouble code without losing my programming ?  I have already
disabled all of the numbers and communications in general.  This is a
stand alone system.  Thanks All.