Re: Elk M1G for Rehabbed House

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:R3dtf.493$jR.205@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It was a GREAT panel: fully programmable zones, 2 entry delay timers, user
> changeable codes, keypad programmable, a mess of onboard outputs, (and no
> need to program them, just connect the appropriate wire from the J-16
> connector to an onboard relay), plenty of power (900ma), a large sturdy
can,
> a power-down switch, and a motherboard that unplugs from the can. I
thought
> that feature would come in real handy, but it turns out I had to replace
> only 3 or 4 boards, and I put a boatload (pun intended for Mark) of them
in.
> I still have a bunch of them out there, sending me money regularly.

Yep, and again, that panel was one of the new ones introducing a new
generation of alarm panel technology.

> A couple of drawbacks were that end users seem to have a hell of a time
> figuring out the l.e.d. keypads,

If it isn't a key, the end user has a hard time figuring out any
manufactures keypad. The whole *door open, or door closed* thing did get
them confused though. I still have a crap load of old boards and keypads
stuffed somewhere. I need to go through them and see what is good and/or
bad. Maybe Jim R. would be interested in them.