Re: Elk M1G for Rehabbed House

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:D8btf.82478$aS5.74311@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It was a good panel for its day and there are many many still out there.
> We're talking the mid 80's here. It was one of the first to go into a new
> generation of alarm panels. Sure, times have changed and the industry has
> moved on, but it was a work horse panel. Nothing really wrong with it
other
> than personal preferences.

It was a GREAT panel: fully programmable zones, 2 entry delay timers, user
changeable codes, keypad programmable, a mess of onboard outputs, (and no
need to program them, just connect the appropriate wire from the J-16
connector to an onboard relay), plenty of power (900ma), a large sturdy can,
a power-down switch, and a motherboard that unplugs from the can. I thought
that feature would come in real handy, but it turns out I had to replace
only 3 or 4 boards, and I put a boatload (pun intended for Mark) of them in.
I still have a bunch of them out there, sending me money regularly.

A couple of drawbacks were that end users seem to have a hell of a time
figuring out the l.e.d. keypads, and while communicating, the panel will no
readily accept keypad entries.
js