Elk M1G for Rehabbed House

As is customary, my first post is a begging plea for experienced
recommendations.  Please bear with my lack of knowledge and thank you
in advance for your suggestions.

My wife and I have recently purchased a row home in an 'improving' area

and are moving in in about 3 weeks.  Most of the house has been gutted
and construction is about to begin so now is a good time to install a
system.

I have been looking into security panels for a few months and really
like the Elk M1G (sys4 package), but am not 100% sold on it.  I would
like the ability to have a fairly extensively automated home eventually

(a/v, lights, door latches, etc).  So, my first question is, would you
go with the Elk M1G?

My next question moves on to what I should install for a basic system.
We have 4 exterior doors:
  one front
  2 basement
  1 rear

20 human sized windows, 2 'mini' windows and a skylight:
  6 full sized windows (2 per floor) in front 2 with fixed half-round
panes above
  2 basement windows in front
  2 basement windows (alley access)
  3 elevated 1st floor windows (alley access)
  3 second story "inaccessible" windows, but we will eventually have a
deck (alley access)
  4 windows on fire escapes (alley access)!
  2 primarily inaccessible and very small (1.5'x2') windows (alley
access)

  1 100 year old skylight with 4 panes of glass and easy access via
fire escape

I thought I would install a contact on each 'hole' except the 4 2nd and

3rd floor front windows.  What contact should I use for these?  I'd
prefer something not visible, unless the visibility really adds a lot
to deterent.  Also, is there a good way of alarming the skylight?  It
doesn't open and each pane is too small for human entry (plus they
would drop into the middle of the staircase).  I'm not sure what to do
about motion detectors as we plan to be getting a 100+ great dane and
already have a 65 pound shepherd mix (and a cat ).  One additional
consideration pertains to the front door.  We have a small entry way
(3'x3') immediately inside the house with another, decorative door
inside.  Should we also arm that second door?  It might provide a
surprise barrier, or it might be a waste of time, money and energy.

We want to install a system that will be very effective both occupied
and vacant, but aren't in a position to invest in the most robust
system currently.  I want to plan for the future but protect today, if
that makes sense.

Is there anything I have missed? Or should I say how much have I
missed?  I debated a motion light in the back yard/alley, but have seen

many suggest that it is a waste of money.

I know this is a lot to ask, but if anyone can offer insight on even
one of these areas, I'd be most appreciative.  Thanks for reading and I

hope to hear from you soon.

 Sorry for the cross-post, I just wasn't sure if diy
got the same participants.