Re: NiCE what Honeywell/Ademco has done

A couple points on this one then you can all pile on me

1.    I noticed that when Smitty posted the residential Dealers link url
from the Web site it was only 4 links nested into the home page, Serious
threat of being seen there huh?

2.    Every year upon time for contract renewal all of your favorite
manufacturers submit their products and best pricing to each of these
national installation companies. (All of them) It has been that way since
there were large National Dealers. Alot of you previously used Moose (in
another life) they did it, Napco does it, All of the divisions making up GE
and Honeywell did it even before they were acquired.

3.     If Smitty has done any amount of serious installs then there are
customers of his that have contracted large jobs on a repeat basis and if
that customer wanted his company to add links to his web site or give
quantity pricing (or jump through other hoops) then any reasonable business
person would do it. (or let me guess you are all in this for the betterment
of mankind)

4.    Independent dealers are an important part of Honeywell's Customer
base. Large organizations like Honeywell or any of our competitors can not
afford to place all of our eggs in one basket any more than you can. How bad
did it hurt your business when Mosler went down? Where were you when Aritech
was hanging on by a thread  just before Sentrol purchased them? (ADT kept
the lights on in the old Moose plant in Hickory in those days)
Anybody remember Arius? Yea, the outstanding accounts receivable due by the
thousands of independent dealers did them alot of good huh?

 If you are serious about this then ask yourself a question,

Have I contacted my inside sales rep. at Honeywell and introduced myself and
do I know her by name so that if she gets a call from an end user in my
territory looking for service or install, I will be among  folks that she
list?
Have I made sure that she has my correct phone and contact info?

well gotta go now so flame on!