Re: NiCE what Honeywell/Ademco has done

justsomeguy wrote:
> A couple points on this one then you can all pile on me
>
> 1.    I noticed that when Smitty posted the residential Dealers link url
> from the Web site it was only 4 links nested into the home page, Serious
> threat of being seen there huh?

"Smitty's" original post is off of my server, but I'm sure he wasn't the
one that posted the Dealer login and password.  That was Bass.

> 2.    Every year upon time for contract renewal all of your favorite
> manufacturers submit their products and best pricing to each of these
> national installation companies. (All of them) It has been that way since
> there were large National Dealers. Alot of you previously used Moose (in
> another life) they did it, Napco does it, All of the divisions making up GE
> and Honeywell did it even before they were acquired.

I don't know what part of the solar system you've been in lately, but
the wholesalers I deal with give me their best pricing regardless.  If I
found out otherwise...  well... let's just say "the chop" is the least
of their worries...

> 3.     If Smitty has done any amount of serious installs then there are
> customers of his that have contracted large jobs on a repeat basis and if
> that customer wanted his company to add links to his web site or give
> quantity pricing (or jump through other hoops) then any reasonable business
> person would do it. (or let me guess you are all in this for the betterment
> of mankind)

As an alarm DEALER, I would never publish or provide the user name and
password to a manufacturer's (or whole-salers) secure dealer-only site.
   You have only to read their terms and conditions to see why.  If the
customer that contracted "large jobs" with me "on a repeat basis",
wanted access, I would be asking "why?"  What can he get from a Dealer
only site that he couldn't get from me directly??  I can't think of a
single thing (although I'm sure RLB can - and will - post)...

> 4.    Independent dealers are an important part of Honeywell's Customer
> base. Large organizations like Honeywell or any of our competitors can not
> afford to place all of our eggs in one basket any more than you can. How bad
> did it hurt your business when Mosler went down?

I was working for Chubb.  I seem to remember it was "Chubb/Mosler" at
one time...  and no... it didn't "hurt us"...  ;-)

> Where were you when Aritech
> was hanging on by a thread  just before Sentrol purchased them? (ADT kept
> the lights on in the old Moose plant in Hickory in those days)

I was installing and servicing Racal, Ademco, and DSC products.
Couldn't care less about "Aritech"...

> Anybody remember Arius? Yea, the outstanding accounts receivable due by the
> thousands of independent dealers did them alot of good huh?

Heard of 'em...  Can't say their "folding" had any direct effect on me
(or my business)...

>  If you are serious about this then ask yourself a question,
>
> Have I contacted my inside sales rep. at Honeywell and introduced myself and
> do I know her by name so that if she gets a call from an end user in my
> territory looking for service or install, I will be among  folks that she
> list?

Gawd!!!  I hope he *won't*...  We're booked solid into the New Year as
it is!!!

> Have I made sure that she has my correct phone and contact info?

"He" sure does...

> well gotta go now so flame on!

Grrrrrrr!!!!
I'm sure your Mom is askin':  "Where did I go wrong?"  :-)