Re: March Networks 3030 Multimedia Security Gateway (w/Caddx NX-8e & PC)

John,

I also purchased mine on Ebay as well - it's the same unit I have.

Yes, the PC is located on the video board (which is hooked to the NX-8e
over serial - just follow the serial ribbon cable.) It has a network
adapter built-in to the PC board which is set to automatically obtain
an IP address over DHCP. If you know how to find out which DHCP leases
you have given out, then you should be able to find out what address it
is. You can telnet or ssh to it (I can't remember which one it is off
the top of my head), and you'll see it will prompt you to login. I
can't figure out how to get in - it's not obvious what the
userid/password is. Perhaps you'll have better luck than me.

If you do find out anymore information on it, please let me know. I'm
anxious to figure this out seems like a good way to get network
connectivity to the NX-8e without having to buy the Caddx TCP/IP module
($$$).

Thanks.