Re: Remote install, no AC

I was the one asking how to hook up somethinng like this a while back.  I
finaly decided to use a vista 20p and wire the dc power in to the battery
terminals.  I also wired the neg side of the battery into one of the AC
power terminals. "to allow the panel to power up if it lost all dc power to
it".   This worked,  but only lasted for a few months

 :(      Just today I was called back because the panel had died.  When I
looked at the panel I found a component on the board had smoked.  I am not
sure if it died because of the way it was hooked up or if something else
caused it.

James