[no subject]

-         maintain the system

-         control it over the phone and program it to call me in case of an
intrusion without the need of a monitoring service,

-         subscribe to a different monitoring company (not necessary ADT)

The ADT safe watch system (ADT customized vista 20P??) seems more
professional and offer hardwired sensors but it also looks like :

-         it will be a pain for me to mainatin or add new components (X10
switches) or choose to subscribe to another monitoring company because ADT
has kind of "locked the system"

-         less user friendly and more expensive to control it over the phone
(I believe you also have to pay ADT an extra $180 to get the remote phone
control) and configure it to call you in case of an intrusion

So, it seems to me that getting the Safewatch system would be overkill and
that the Simon 3 would be a better solution, especially if I want ot have
the possibility to NOT need to use a professional monitoring service but
just want the system to call me or other numbers in case of an intrusion.

Am I right to choose the Simon 3 or am I missing something? : )

Thanks in advance for any piece of advice you may give me,

Best Regards,,

FG

Bonus questions :  ; )

Q2:  Can the ADT dealer actually offer a 12 month monitoring service and
guarantee that we will own the system after those 12 months?? I thought ADT
dealer were only allowed to offer 3 year contracts.

 Q3: The dealer/installer told us that they could not install any new wiring
because the place we own is a condo and therefore they can only offer
wireless systems. Is this correct??

Q4:The independent installer told us that they are not allowed (in
Clearwater Florida) to install smoke detector in condo (but they can in town
homes). The ADT dealer didn't mention any restriction regarding the
installation of a smoke detector. Who is right??

Q5: The installer told me that wireless recessed door sensors are no working
well with the Simon 3 system and that I should go with the regular wireless
door sensor. Is this correct?

Is there also a  big difference in quality between the various sensors? Any
brand/model, you would recommend  for motion detector or door sensors?

Q6:Any opinion about  www.nextalarm.com