Re: Long distance carriers going with VoIP

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > So does this mean you're finally going to get rid of your rotary phone
and
> upgrade to touchtone?
>
> My desk set, like those of my staff, is a Polycom 501 IP telephone.
> I use an online PBX service which runs my auto-attendant, and handles
> call queing, forwarding, voice mail, etc.

So that's why it was so quiet around here for awhile... what do you do
when there's a power outage?

When we go to Salvador for
> several months at a time, incoming calls ring simultaneously in the USA
> and Brasil.

and both go to the autoattendant no doubt. Do you have pager notification
on your autoattendant or do you just check betwen flipping the burgs on the
barbie in the I lie.

  I can hand calls off to staff members in the US as easily
> as if they were in the next room.

And they sound like they're in the next room too I suppose.
I love being bumped from one person to the next waiting in vain
for someone who knows what they're doing. Good luck with that.

> Have you gotten around to replacing the light on that princess phone
> you use?

Light on a POTS phone? Exsolent, where can I get one of those?
What a great idea! I'd be able to see the phone in a power outage.

> > Uh, gee, Bob, er, thanks for the update... I'm really relieved that
you're not affected, just us monkeys.

> Quit insulting monkeys.

Oh gee, that WAS deep. Took me awhile, how clever you are!

> > And you're going to profit too! Isn't that special.
>
> Works for me.  :^)

Uh huh