Re: DuMP DuMP DuMP .....

news:5bqOe.38$s57.4661@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The old 692 keypads would lock up with heavy voltage spike - like
> lightning. Easy fix for that.
> But,  I've never seen any of the panel processors lock up though.
> Did you 86 it?

Tech support had me check bus voltage on each one with keypads connected and
without.  They said the board was toast each time.  Since I have had it
happen three times now I suspect some kind of defect or a bad batch of
boards or something.

The customer opted to keep it in this last case.  In previous ones I saved
the keypads for spares and pitched the boards.

What gets me is, "Sorry, Its locked up."  When Napco had their bad memory on
the P1632 a couple years ago they were sending me repalcement boards and a
comp for the time. I only had a couple of those.   Same with DSC and some of
the early 1555s that died for no apparent reason.  Neither just said
"Sorry."

--
Bob La Londe

Win a Tackle Pack
Jig Fishing - Tips and Techniques Contest
Courtesy of Siebler Custom Baits
http://www.YumaBassMan.com