Re: CCTV Cameras

"J. Sloud" <jsloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:o5h8h1p7127f9bof94qq2kd6q78vi6sa59@xxxxxxxxxx
> On 29 Aug 2005 08:06:30 -0700, cctvbahamas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >yall too funny .. .. ADT is a joke. Now, "email" me an app where you
> >think a DVR system cant be used, and ill spec it out for you - free of
> >charge. :-)
>
> ADT is a joke?  How many 10 million dollar projects have you done? ADT
> in many respects invented this industry and still has huge influence.
> Open your eyes my friend.  You may learn something.  I just gave you
> two real world scenarios that used wireless point to point and IP
> backbone communications as well as networked video.  If the United
> State's top security integrators and defense contractors could not
> come up with a better solution, I doubt you could either.  Oakland was
> handed to ADT because they were the only company who could come close
> to the customer's homeland security grant amount.  ADT won MassPort
> because they offered the best technology and during testing, it
> actually did everything it was supposed to.  Btw, the total between
> these two projects is over $15 million, which I assume is a little out
> of your league.

Easy John. Don't beat up on old Rory.
You'd have to narrow it down to 98% of the industry, including ADT
(non-Government sectors), and every National.
It's an industry wide dilemma. Few can see the potential, even fewer can
comprehend the potential. This industry has the ability to make everything
easier, faster, more reliable, false alarm free, and cheaper (cost
effective). Unfortunately, it's going to take another decade of 80's
technology to realize it, as the technology passes most bye. Most of the
"Old Dawgs" with their "it isn't broke, don't fix it" mentality just aren't
paying attention. The fact of the matter is, this 80's mentality has been
broke for over thirty years, and damn near since the inception of the
Digital Dialer. Most just seem to focus on the sales numbers, not the
impact. I ask dealers/competitors/customers this question all the time...

"What's your perception on the impact the security industry has provided
over the last 30 years"

It's a question for all to answer, and highly educational.

Jack