Re: need unbiased advice about lynx system

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:30:09 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You don't say who originally installed this system.
>
>ADT generally does not lockout keypad programming, Protection One does...so
>who knows if it's locked or not.
>
>It may not be locked and you can reprogram it yourself.

You may not have to pay that $33/month for a monitoring service if you
install a do-it-yourself new panel.

Many of these panels will dial pagers, cell phones, neighbors when the
alarm goes off, and do require a POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service)
hard-wire line to connect.   It may not be just as good, but in many
cases, it's almost as good as using a monitoring service.

I would avoid anything to do with ADT.   Their interests (keeping you
dumb and uniformed, keeping their system a mystery, and signing you up
for a long-term, expensive monitoring contract), are not the same as
your interests.

Beachcomber