Re: Value of monitoring Contracts?

"James" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mPWdnUNhSoZWHI_eRVn-qw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> If I am thinking correctly your saying it will take me 2.5 years to break
> even?    Wouldnt you need a 5 year contract to make it worth your time?
> He
> only does 3 or 4 installs a year so it wouldnt break the bank.   But at
> the
> same time we wont gain much either...
>
> James

Them's the chances you takes...  Most sales agreements include a "hold-back"
clause.  Depending on the size of the account base, payment history, etc.,
it could be as high as 20%.  You put 30% up front and schedule the release
of more funds at a later date (subsequent to when the accounts have switched
over).  It's a win-win situation for both sides...