Re: Sentrol RCR-PET chirping on detect...how to stop or recommend another motion sensor?

brim wrote:
> Here's the little movie:
>
> http://www.cruze.org/media/motion-chirp.wmv
>
> Have a look/listen.  It's definetly louder than a little soft click and
> certianly audible over light television audio.
>
> -b

I can understand how you would interpret that sound as a chirp, however
what you are hearing is the "change-over" ie. transfer of the relay
contacts when the alarm state is reached. Definitely louder than it
"should" be, but it's not actually a "chirp". I'd explain it more as a
"snap" of the relay contacts, if I were to describe it to someone in
the trade. If you listen very closely to any PIR, you'll be able to
hear the relay change state. Just usually not that loud.

I'd think that your alarm company would be willing to change the unit
for one that's quieter. I've used this model unit for quite a number of
years now and have never had a problem with a relay being that loud.
Obviously it just a fluke unit with a loud relay.