Re: Help with Vista 20PS Night-Stay Zones

Joe wrote:
> Night stay can be tricky.
>
> In *81 you select zone list 5
> then you enter the 2 digit zone number then * (that part can trip you up)
> then enter 00 and *.
>
> you do not want to delete the list or the zone on your way out.

The zone is properly listed in the zone list 5.

> are you sure you are activating night-stay properly?

Yep.

> double tap the stay button

The problem is the keypad.  It is the 6270 touch screen keypad.  The
"Night" button is programmable by the keypad and can be programmed to
"Away", "Instant", "Night", "Maximum"  and a couple others.  It was
previously set to "Instant" which gave no entry delay.  But apparently
in "Instant" mode, Night doesn't pull in zone list 5.  Setting it to
"Night" does pull in zone list 5, but it also activates entry delay on
perimeter zones.  That's not what I want.  And if I set it to "Maximum"
it sets ALL zones (perimeter and Interior) in Night-Stay with no entry
delay but also activates the audible exit delay (like you'd get in Away
mode) which I have now turned off.  This is fine because I don't
currently have any interior zones that I would want bypassed at night
anyhow.  But it would be a huge flaw if I did.

> I use night-stay all the time and do not have any problems (I use the
> FA168cps version of your panel... same-same)

Which keypad?