Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

Crash Gordon wrote:

> I know...but I love to live dangerously! Pull the rods Fred!
>
> Let's see in 20+ years and with  4000 residential alarms installed with an
> average of 3 keypads per home...12,000 keypad runs, lets say 75 ft runs to
> each 900,000 feet of solid wire run (lets subtract out the few that I did
> run stranded) and round it out to 850,000 feet and never a problem with
> solid keypad wires. I could also calculate device wiring runs as well :-)
>
> I think the stranded v. solid issue is largely urban legend. If you wire the
> system properly you'll have no problem with either...and there's pro's and
> con's for each.

Crash, Do you install NX panels?
I looked in the manual and could not find where they recommend stranded
although I'm sure I read it somewhere in a manual years ago after having
trouble with a keypad in an install.  Maybe they've changed the specs
since then or maybe I'm loosing my mind.:)  But since then i've gone
with stranded on the keypad runs for NX systems although I can't find it
in the new manual now.