Re: An absurd situation

I'm afraid it is what is called "social engineering". Those in power really
think they know better than the common man how to bring about fairness and
equality between cultures. They artifically force the issues through laws
and mandates like this that push the country more quickly towards the
enviable goal of true bilingualism and full equality for both cultures.
Unfortunately in what they see as their "God given" right to exercise power,
they forget basic fairness and common decency, and in the process create a
whole different level of problems far more serious and far reaching.

I long ago lost faith in government to do anything to really assist people.
Government has become a monster that simply feeds and grows bigger with
little or no control. And frankly, I wouldn't trust a government weather
report if I was standing naked in a rainstorm. Now I'm beginning to think
some of these characters in power are truly dangerous

RHC