An absurd situation

I really thought I'd heard it all until this afternoon.

Got a call from a woman moving into a home with an alarm I had installed
some years ago, and that had been non monitored for a couple of years. We
made an appointment for tomorrow morning to hook it up to the CS, and when I
arrived home, my wife said the woman had called to cancel the appointment.
So curious as to why, I called the lady and found that she had made an
appointment with a large company who promised to send out a French speaking
salesman. Now since I knew this company and their rates, I pointed out to
her that she was going to have to pay $10 a month more for service, get
limited warranty and service compared to my offering, and burden herself
needlessly with a three year contract.

Her response to me for why she was going with them was..." you're not a
Francophone from Quebec"....!!! Talk about "reverse bias". I get by in
French, and my son is fluently bilingual, but her reasoning (if you want to
call it that) was that I was not Canadian French from Quebec, so she chose
not to deal with me....

For the first time in my life I simply had no answer !! But I couldn't help
thinking..."Lady, if you're that stupid that you want to go for that kind of
deal simply because I don't come from Quebec, then go for it...."

Gawd, proves the old adage...a fool and his money are soon parted.

RHC