Re: Security DVR Advice Needed

All the EVs i used were the 1600's. The 4s may have less issues, but if
they have the same software, there are much better units out there for
less $$, for example the Active-Tek unit(sold under various names in
the US) comes with USB, great remote video software, built in CDR, etc,
a truly neat mid range 4 channel DVR (also sold as the Nubix by Eclipse
CCTV), and even the AvTech for a real budget, never crashes. AvTechs
are also sold under various names in the US.

As for the GE, its not cheap, but cheaper than the imported DMs, with
much more powerful network software. I use the StoreSafe Pro, and the
DVMRe-CT, the rest i dont bother with right now. If you are in Europe
however, you may want to check out the Bosch,  Dallmeier, and Baxall
DVRs, as the GE can get really expensive on that side.

As for PC cards, i use GeoVision and Iview, and currently working on
getting my own cards to write software for, actually same cards Geo
uses. The manufacturer really has a great line of cards and accessories.