Re: Security DVR Advice Needed

<brad_pitstain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1123528391.930256.17620@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>A few years back we built a PC-Based Security DVR system for our
> offices.
>
> Although the base system was top of the line for the time, it never
> really worked right.
>
> Our problems have always centered around software.  The capture card
> and software packages never worked as advertised and support was nil.
>
> We also have not been able to find a good third party software package.
>
> So I'm looking for options.  Can anyone recommend any of the following:
>
> - Windows based security camera software for eight cameras
>
> - Good current input card/software bundle
>
> - A stand alone security DVR for eight cameras
>
> Thanks in advance

Pelco isn't bad, but technically it is PC based (runs under Windows
platform).  Very stable, high frame rate.  Good resolution.

Dedicated Micros DS2 series is also very good.  Solid reliable, extremely
stable.  Not as high a frame rate as Pelco, but also much cheaper.  Good
resolution.

Both are feature rich, support telemetry, and ethernet access, and have
support for remote access via port forwarding if broadband is available.
Motion recording, trigger input recording, etc etc...

To go a little cheaper look at the Eco series from Dedicated Micros.  Not as
feature rich, but reliable.

I have first hand experience with a number of these units and have set up
lots of them on networks for LAN, Internet, WAN, and VPN access.  \

--
Bob La Londe

Win a Tackle Pack
Jig Fishing - Tips and Techniques Contest
Courtesy of Siebler Custom Baits
http://www.YumaBassMan.com