Re: unbielevable actions by a tech

"Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:GavKe.4102$WD.3346@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Nick Markowitz" <nick-markowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Just what the hell kind of losers are we hiring in our industry or is
the
> > gene pool that dilluted.
> > or do companys just not give a damm any more?
> >
> > --
> > Nick Markowitz Jr.
> > Owner
> > Markowitz Electic Protection
> > Private Industry Fire Investigator.
> > Qualified Electrical- Fire Alarm Contractor

> Don't be shocked Nick, perverts & thieves are in every profession (lots of
> them in politics)...  I'd say we have less, because of the background
checks
> that most States require security companies to do on perspective
> employees... Remember, the bad guy has to have a criminal record to be
known
> as a "Bad guy", it is assumed that a person with a clean record is a "Good
> guy"...

I agree Russ. It is unfortunate but oh so true. It is the owner/managers
responsibility to identify the personalities and habits of their staff and
act accordingly. If they fail to do this, then the companys reputation is
put at risk. This particular tech. may be a great installer with a clean
background but obviously shouldn't have been put in front of a client. My
first thought is "he's gone", but if the company is compelled to keep this
individual, his place is obviously on a construction site doing prewires.
Let him chase Bubba's telephone number. OTOH, Giving this tech the benefit
of the doubt, this story is hearsay and there is always two sides. Back in
the early 80's, I had a tech accused of attempted rape at an apartment
property we were installing is Houston, TX. I knew this kid and his family
since he was in junior high school and just knew he wouldn't do this. I put
him on leave through the investigation. Through the investigation and lie
detector tests, the girl made advances at him and he turned it down leading
her to make these acquisations. As it turned out, she came clean and it
wasn't the first time she had made such claims. You just never know, making
dealing with employees a difficult job.