Re: Next Alarm

Bob, J. Sloud's comments are also most appropriate. Many of the larger
stations have backup to another station. For example, the one I use backs up
to Montreal, Quebec City and Vancouver automatically as the need arises (in
a major catastrophe for example). I believe ADT was the company that
pioneered this concept although it's quite common now. Depending upon what
you feel you need, and want, and are willing to pay for, his other comments
are equally appropriate.

DIY alarms like yours are a tiny minority of the alarms in service, and
represent no threat whatsoever to traditional alarm companies. The discount
monitoring stations cater to this segment of the market, as well as those
who have been "burned" in some way by traditional companies. Unfortunately,
our industry gets a little paranoid when it comes to anything that threatens
the traditional way of doing business. However, change is coming to this
industry in a big way, and like everywhere else in life or in business, you
adapt or die.....

......philosophical mode "off"............

RHC