Mace DVR web service

Does anyone know how to get the Mace DVR web service to work (on a
DVR-1600 to be specific)? I've tried both windows 2000 and XP machines,
with IE 6 and 5, all security settings to off, yet I still cant get the
activeX script to run. Has anyone successfully gotten this app to work
on a machine thats not archaic? How? I've called mace, and they keep
telling me "they'll talk to their techs and call me back". I've yet to
get any of those return calls.

On the win2k machines, they all pretend to install the script, and then
give me the little red X. On the XP machines, even with security to
accept all activeX/Scripting, I get a prompt that tells me it WILL NOT
install an unsigned activeX script. I'm at a loss at this point, and
I'm not about to set up a win95/98/me machine for testing. I need it to
work on modern machines.

Mike

BTW - This is the WEB service, NOT the included program, I can make
that work... I'm interested in getting a feed over the net that doesnt
require each person to have the program installed, plus there are
features in the web version not available in the program.