Re: More Experiments With My Old Rittenhouse Smokes, & Interconnecting New Ones

Hi,

Thanks guys for all the help.
Really appreciate it.

The wires and wiring looks original.
The smokes look original, and are probably about where one would expect them

The really funny thing, among others, is that when I put one of the old
Rittenhouse
units on the bench by itself, hooked up power to it, I measured 110 V AC
from what I am calling the interconnect wire to neutral.  This is for, of
course, the untriggered state.

I can't imagine how this thing was supposed to ever work !

With 110 V on the wire all the time when not triggered, what happened when
triggered; was it supposed to go to 0 V, or... ?   A relay hidden somewhere
?

Sure sounds like a weird way of doing things.

Any possibility that what I think was an interconnect wire on the old units
really was used for something else ?

Thanks,
Bob