Re: Attic Smoke Detectors Question

> Seriously that's how we test them (not very
> accurate, but it works)...rub your hands
> together really fast than put them on the
> heat detector.

I soak a washcloth in warm water, wring it out and wipe the surface of the
detector.  It makes for an easy test and cleans the surface at the same
time.  Tap water is rarely hot enough to melt the fixed-temperature sensor.
If it was the cloth would be too hot to touch.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics