Re: DSC PC1000 - works, Questions about DSL filters and This alarm

<Alarmed & Dangerous> wrote in message

>   Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> This DSC PC1000 works fine, (surprise)  but it is sharing a DSL
> active phone line for monitoring.  I would like to install the DSL
> filter into the phone line for the alarm, but it uses the 8 wire RJ-45
> jack and is not compatable with the smaller 4 wire standard telephone
> jack as the filter comes with. I can by pass the connector and connect
> the filter hard wired into the phone jack connectors, if I knew which
> lines the alarm is using. Why is the alarm using 8 wires? Are the
> other wires needed? this is a SINGLE phone line home and as such
> I see no need for the 8 gang RJ45 ??   Any light you might shed on the
> wiring requirements of this little Gem would be most helpful. Any
> thoughts on a simple way to install this DSL filter ?
>
>  Thank you for your time
>   Jay

I had the phone company replace their old interface box with one that
separates the DSL line.  It did require my running another line into the
house but it was better than messing around with DSL filters inside the
house. Plus, it's now their responsibility to maintain their part of the DSL
connection. Phone company charged me one time fee of $75.

Bob