DSC PC1000 - works, Questions about DSL filters and This alarm

   Ladies and Gentlemen,

 This DSC PC1000 works fine, (surprise)  but it is sharing a DSL
active phone line for monitoring.  I would like to install the DSL
filter into the phone line for the alarm, but it uses the 8 wire RJ-45
jack and is not compatable with the smaller 4 wire standard telephone
jack as the filter comes with. I can by pass the connector and connect
the filter hard wired into the phone jack connectors, if I knew which
lines the alarm is using. Why is the alarm using 8 wires? Are the
other wires needed? this is a SINGLE phone line home and as such
I see no need for the 8 gang RJ45 ??   Any light you might shed on the
wiring requirements of this little Gem would be most helpful. Any
thoughts on a simple way to install this DSL filter ?

  Thank you for your time
   Jay