X-10 Light Control Module on Ademco Vista 20SE

Our customer bought a home with this panel already installed. he wants us to
add some devices (not a panel we usually install). He is interested in
having the ability to control his lighting remotely. Is an X-10 the best
option? Does anyone have feedback on this module? We've only been exposed to
a couple used on other panels - but they eventually seem to be troublesome
to the customer (causing some surge issues and requiring call backs) so
we're hesitant to oblige the customer... thanks for any advice.