Re: Rate of Rise detectors

That is correct. One thing to keep in mind when wiring a heat detector, or
any fire zone for that matter, is that all devices on the same zone loop
should be wired in parallel, since fire devices use "N/O" (normally open)
contacts, as opposed to Intrusion zones such as door sensors, motion
sensors, etc, which are "N/C" (normally closed) and would be wired in
series.

An explanation of series and parallel wiring can be found with a Google
search on the subject.