Re: CAT5e wiring question

In article <18379fcc-d4d6-4fdd-8779-64204cffd678@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Tom M  <thomas.a.meier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I will soon be wiring a home network in my home, pulling a bunch of
>cat5e cables through the walls to a patch panel in the basement.  My
>question is, before I start pulling the cables, are there any rules of
>thumb to be wary of?  Like don't run them next to electric wires or
>coax or speaker wires, etc.  Any thoughts appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>Tom

Use solid wire and wall jacks. Don't use RJ plugs. Buy pre-made patch
cords.

Future-proof your house by planning where to place wireless access
points that give you good 100% coverage everywhere. Given Power Over
Ethernet (POE), They can be located anywhere and out of sight.

Pull wire to those spots even if you don't need a signal yet. Buy an
AP only when you need it.

--
Al Dykes