Re: Contact closure

Robert,

Thanks for writing.

On Jun 1, 9:42=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Here's one of several products that you could use to make the connection
> between a dry contact and your PC.
>
> http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/product/GV-netiocard_V3-1.htm

This is $89, and way outside the budget.

> That said, you might want to consider an alternate approach if the overal=
> system is to be responsible for the security of the property. =A0There ar=
> simple to install alarms, both wired and wireless, which can provide secu=
rity
> and/or varying degrees of lighting and automation control available for D=
IY.

Well, that might help in certain scenarios, but mine is not security.
My purpose is to create a "mosquito" (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The=
_Mosquito).
I have a ..."neighbor" problem. In short, they are up all night
partying outside our bedroom window.

So I have all the components, except for that one link that will allow
a program of my own design on a PC to sense/react to a contact closure
right next to the computer.

Thanks for the advice, and any other advice that comes my way!

pat
:)