Re: Contact closure

<bogusexception@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
cb8bf644-7163-4593-8e10-bf2403f1a1ff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have this crazy idea that...
>
> 1. I can use contact closure from a Home Depot style motion sensing
> light fixture to provide a 120vac relay with contact closure-not
> illumination.
>
> 2. With that contact closure on the relay I can use ________________
> to inform a program running on my computer that the contact closure
> has occurred. It doesn't have to be wireless. It could be serial
> (distance ~60' to PC).
>
> 3. With contact closure sensed at the computer, a program running on
> the computer would sense the signal, and act. I can write for Linux or
> Windows, with .NET the preferred solution due to graphics for
> monitoring.
>
> I want to trigger actions on my audio port on the computer based on an
> interim program that is listening for a signal/state to occur. Simple.
>
> There are Rube Goldberg solutions out there with wireless, web, etc.
> but this really doesn't need to be. Most every sstem-including the
> risky/noisy X10 are designed to _send_ contact closures, not _receive_
> them.
>
> - I can solder a relay into a disassembled driveway motion detector in
> 2 minutes.
> - I can run a contact closed pair to the PC.
> - I _cannot_ convert that contact closure right next to the PC into a
> signal that a running program/daemon can use as a trigger to act upon.
>
> How can I convert a contact closure into a signal that a running
> program can use?
>
> TIA!
>
> :)

You have a cheap and dirty way of doing this...

if you have a simple joystick connected to your computer you could use the
trigger button to trig a action in a software..

cheap usb joystick are sold below 5$

use a 110 volt relay connected in place if the 110 volt light bulb in the
detector system and use one of the contact of the relay (n.o.) as the signal
to close the trigger button in the joystick i am sure you can find ready
made routine in .net to monitor a joystick...