Re: 32 Years of X-10

greenpjs
I normally can't remember my middle name, but do remember when I bought my
first X10 "starter set " at Sears. A plug-in controller with an ultrasonic
remote control and two lamp modules and one appliance module...very cool at
the time.  I lived in one of the "launch" areas.  Because of events
happening in my life, I remember 1976 being a bit too early.

Anywho,  even though X10 signaling now has many "natural" enemies making it
challenging to get and keep working, it CAN work well with a good
coupler/amp and some filters on the worst offending switching power
supplies. I don't see Insteon, Z-Wave, Zigbee, etc, killing X10 for some
time. Although  Radio Shack dropping X10 had to hurt the company and losing
the "pop-up ad suit dented them pretty hard also, I still think they will be
around for a while longer.... .  Back to your original query, if you have a
lot of old X10 stuff  you might reconsider  your thoughts "moving on" to a
new kid on the block.  If you have my luck you will pick a "Betamax" over a
"VHS" (or an "HD" over a "BlueRay").