Re: 32 Years of X-10

32 years? You must live in Scotland. X10 (BSR) hasn't been in US that long
:-)
Setting that aside, if you have been using X10 for 28 years,  you must have
(as I) box loads of modules. Why change now? A really good repeater amp such
as an ACT CR 234 or Jeff Volps XTBII will keep you going for another 5 to 10
years, and my bet is none of the new stuff you mentioned (Insteon, Z-Wave,
Zigbee) will be around in 10 years.  BTW don't bother with the X10, Leviton,
or Smarthome repeaters. They will not play nice with 2-way modules. Also get
you an ELK signal meter which is a great trouble shooting tool.