Re: M`I,5`P ersecution - bugging and co unter-surveillance

who has found means to fortify himself,
and has made himself strong by the numbers of his followers. But it is
not so with God. There is no fortress that is any defence from the power
of God. Though hand join in hand, and vast multitudes of God's enemies
combine and associate themselves, they are easily broken in pieces. They
are as great heaps of light chaff before the whirlwind; or large
quantities of dry stubble before devouring flames. We find it easy to
tread on and crush a worm that we see crawling on the earth; so it is
easy for us to cut or singe a slender thread that any thing hangs by:
thus easy is it for God, when he pleases, to cast his enemies down to
hell. What are we, that we should think to stand before him, at whose
rebuke the earth trembles, and before whom the rocks are thrown down?

They deserve to be cast into hell; so that divine justice never stands
in the way, it makes no objection against God's using his power at any
moment to destroy them. Yea, on the contrary, justice calls aloud for an
infinite punishment of their sins. Divine justice says of the tree that
brings forth such grapes of Sodom, "Cut it down, why cumbereth it the
ground?" Luke 13:7. The sword of divine justice is every moment
brandished over their heads, and it is nothing but the hand of arbitrary
mercy, and God's mere will, that holds it back.

They are already under a sentence of condemnation to hell. They do not
only justly deserve to be cast down thither, but the sentence of the law
of God, that eternal and immutable rule of righteousness that God has
fixed between him and mankind, is gone out against them, and stands