Re: New Installation = Insteon

On 10 Sep 2007 09:06:51 GMT, Charlie wrote:
> "T. C. Conde" <tcconde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> I have done several houses in UPB and it is the way to go. It is
>> actually X-10 version 2.0 and it is just great. FOR ME, it has been
>> 100% bulletproof.

> Tim, do you have a link to UPB?  I got the Insteon starter kit a year
> ago.  I've heard a lot of bad things about Insteon products since then,
> and am reluctant to use them.  Since my starter kit is capable of sending
> X10 commands, can I use this to address UPB?

UPB doesn't understand X10 commands, actually Insteon protocol doesn't
understand X10 either but many Insteon devices have support for X10
the X10 protocol too.

Here's a link to a site with some info on UPB:

http://www.pulseworx.com/

I'd recommend searching for upb and dimmer that should get you other
sites with further info.

There is an X10 to UPB translator:

http://www.architechtronics.com/chameleoplc.html

I have no affiliation with either of these links.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx