Re: Need kitchen undercabinet dimmable light ideas

I have the standard  halogen bulbs (two in a fixture) under the dark
part of my kitchen counter cabinets. I have these run off a motion
detector with a remote, coily cord, sensor. I have tucked the sensor
behind the fridge so it only sees straight down the counter in use.
This works perfectly and never cuts out as long as you are standing in
front of the 24 x 24 inch cutting board. It shuts off within about 15
seconds of walking away. It must be possitioned so that forward and
backward motion of the person cuts the lines of vision of the sensor.

A word of warning. Undercabinet/counter lights do not work well if you
have shiny backsplash material. The glare will make it harder to see
the item you are working on. You need a matt/dull work surface and a
dull backsplash/wall.