Re: Installing an ELK M1 Gold

1.  Wire the sensors in series with the EOL resistors.  In other words, the
circuit flows from the control panel thorough a resistor (which you place
right next to the sensor if it's a recessed magnetic door sensor or inside
the sensor if it's a motion or glass break detector).  The circuit continues
through the resistor, through the sensor and back to the control panel.

2. Yes, that will work fine.  Smoke detector asounders are fired byt
changing the polarity of the 12VDC which powers them.  In order to make all
the smokes sound at once you need to install a "Reversing Relay" inside the
control panel and feed the power to the smoke detectors through the relay.
Here's an example of the relay (my website):
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_8796_detailed.htm

3. If your home is set back from the road or if it's hard to see house
numbers from a passing patrolo panel, consider installing an ELK strobe on
the outside of the house, perhaps under the eaves.

4.  Yes, lots but it would be easier to narrow it down if we chat by phone
first.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass