Re: Installing an ELK M1 Gold

Robert,

Thank you for the information.  Upon further investigation with the
distributor of my Elk system, he advised I do not need to have all fire
detectors sounding when one goes off.  I will be installing an echo
speaker/siren in the living space which will not only announce the alarm, but
can tell me exactly which zone has been tripped.

Regarding the EOL resistors, I am still a bit confused.  If the resistors are
in series with the contact switch or motion detector, then it should not
matter where along the loop the resistor is placed.  There will basically be
three states:  closed when the switch is closed, open when the switch is open,
or shorted when the leads are somehow connected together.  If someone cuts
the line, this will have the same effect as opening the door.  Am I missing
something?

The outside strobe is a great idea, as my house is set in the woods back from
the main road a couple of hundred feet.

Thanks again!

Gary