Installing an ELK M1 Gold

All,

I am in the process of installing an Elk M1 Gold system in my house.  It
looks awesome, but as it's my first installation.  The basic system I am
installing consists of the following:

    * M1 Gold with 16 onboard zones
    * 16-zone expansion unit
    * 2 Keypads, one with a weigand reader
    * Thermostat/lighting/serial interface
    * Ethernet interface
    * Two-Way Listen-In Interface with 3 speaker/microphones
    * RCS TR-40 communicating thermostats (qty 3)
    * 4WTA-B Smoke detectors (qty 7)
    * CO Detector
    * Motion detectors (qty 6)
    * Perimeter contacts (garage doors, windows, doors)
    * Outside and inside temperature sensors

Each of the sensors, detectors, and contacts will have its own zone so I can
have flexibility in controlling the environment.

1.  How exactly are the security contacts wired up with the EOL resistors?  I
am using contacts that are closed when the door/window is closed.  Should the
resistor be in parallel or series with the switch?

2.  The smoke detectors I am using are iSeries 4WTA-B with an EOLR-1 relay
attached to each.  Each smoke is on a separate zone so I can easily see which
detector has tripped.  Is this a good approach?  How do I get all detectors
to go off when one goes off?

3.  I will be installing a supervised bell/siren in the main living quarters,
as well as a siren in the attic.  Do I need anything else?

4.  Can you think of anything else I should consider?

Thank you for your assistance!

Gary