Re: X10 RF equipment - is there a difference between UK and US gear?

Has anyone outside North America tried plugging a TM751 or RR501 into one
of those 240V->120V travel voltage adapters - the ones that are actually
transformers (usually autotransformers) and not switching converters?

I imagine the question is whether there's enough coupling between
primary and secondary at 120KHz without having to add capacitance.